BMI (Body Mass Index) Calculator
This calculator determines your Body Mass Index, based off your weight, and height. Please fill out your “Weight” and “Height” in the below fields, then hit “Calculate BMI Information” to see your BMI and your optimal weight range.
If you are overweight (BMI over 25) you may develop:
- Cardiovascular (heart and blood circulation) disease
- Gall bladder disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
- Osteoarthritis – this is induced by the excess weight of obesity and can be a major problem. If inadequately managed it can be a barrier to adequate weight loss.
- Certain types of cancer, i.e. breast, colon, endometrium and prostate.
- Social implications that are often neglected.
If you are underweight (BMI less than 20) you may develop:
- Compromised immune function
- Respiratory disease
- Tuberculosis (an infection of the lung)
- Digestive (stomach) disease