Revisional weight loss surgery is a secondary procedure for those who have already undergone a form of weight loss surgery but require a second operation.
Although many patients achieve a very successful weight loss with one surgery, however, there are several instances where a patient might need to consider the revisional surgery.
Why patients get revisional weight loss surgery:
- Complications after weight loss surgery
- Acid reflux
- Regaining weight
- Revisiting bad diet habits
- Re-eliminating exercise
- Unsuccessful in losing weight
- Failing to quit bad habits
- Worsening previous bad habits
- Lifestyle changes
- Emotional, financial, or physical trauma